Thursday

hollywood farm girl

I don't know too much about Melissa Etheridge except that I think she's exceptionally brave and inspiring for coming out of the closet as clearly and as early in her career as she did. Being a power pop fan myself, her music isn't really my cuppa, tho' I recognize that she's very talented at what she does.

And I knew nothing about her wife, Tammy, except that she looked really cute in the photos of their wedding that ran in People magazine.

Somehow, though, I stumbled on Tammy's blog and I love it. It's called HOLLYWOOD FARM GIRL and it's a very honest accounting of what it's like to be married to a super famous rock star (whom she calls "Honey" on the blog), and also be the stay-at-home mother of infant twins. She's funny and self-effacing and very, very cool.

I wish she lived on my street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock star?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember her from a show on the WB (Popular, maybe?). I never liked her b/c I hated the character, but I've realized how silly that is since reading some great interviews with her in the past.

*~Cheri~*

laura linger said...

Tammy Michaels comes from my hometown of Lafayette, Indiana!

She graduated from Lafayette Jefferson High School. I taught her sophomore English when I did my student teaching.

Beautiful girl. Smart as a whip, too.